Speaking about the interior of a modern loft-style apartment, it is worth noting the fact that the attic-mansard specificity of the design did not immediately find its admirers. Those characteristic features due to which this style acquires a special value were considered weighty flaws at the stage of generation. However, quite recently the idea of introducing the specifics of factory buildings in a traditional city apartment attracted not only economical students, but also wealthy owners of luxury homes in Europe and America.
Thanks to the professionalism and efforts of modern designers, the loft style is very popular in the arrangement of a variety of rooms. The noble, slightly arrogant, incomparable flavor of the industrial structure is felt in the interior of bedrooms, living rooms and, of course, kitchens.
The advantages of style in the design of the kitchen
Industrial style in kitchen design is more often chosen by fans of spacious rooms with lots of light. High ceilings in white give extra space to the room. Wooden beams, rafters, supporting pillars and pipes in the apartment no longer have to be masked and hidden, because these attributes create the typical “factory” atmosphere.
Loft style itself does not require exquisite decor. In this case, for the interior of the kitchen fit quiet shades of white, black, gray, blue, brown. The loft-style kitchen design will perfectly complement rectangular windows and simple doors.
This concept often involves the division of premises into functional areas. Using mobile partitions, screens, and sometimes kitchen furniture, several areas can be created in one kitchen.
In the decoration of the kitchen under the loft, as a rule, available and the most simple materials are used: concrete, brick, glass, metal, raw wood. It is good when there are concrete uneven floors and brick unplastered walls in the room. Indeed, it is often necessary to create such surfaces artificially – with the help of materials that skillfully imitate brick or rough textured plaster.
A few tips to introduce the style of loft in the interior of the kitchen
1. In the decoration of the loft kitchen, designers advise to focus attention on one of the walls by painting it in a different color. There is another interesting option – to leave the wall in its original form or make an imitation of brick or plaster, using available decorative materials. The finished brick wall should be coated with a matte cream or white emulsion.
2. Undoubtedly, the industrial style of the interior looks best in huge apartments with high ceilings. But even the typical layout can perfectly combine the spectacular details and objects inherent in the loft. Moreover, the design of the kitchen in this style visually increases the space, makes it lighter and more voluminous.
For residents of a small apartment a great solution would be to combine a kitchen with a balcony or a loggia. Thus, the room will be filled with natural light, and the large windows from the loggia will bring a special charm inherent in the loft.
3. Industrial style suggests special attention to light. Such a kitchen must contain a sufficient number of sources of artificial lighting. It is proposed to use a variety of chandeliers, lamps, spotlights. The form and style of lighting should be consistent with the overall orientation of the design of the kitchen interior. In fact, much is permissible here – from traditional classics to high-tech. It is better to leave window openings without curtains and curtains. An excellent alternative can be horizontal blinds.
4. For the floor covering, you must also choose a material that blends harmoniously with the theme of the loft. For example, it will look good as a rough concrete, and a coating of natural wood.
5. When choosing furniture best suited concise and functional options. It should not be voluminous so as not to clutter the room. In the industrial interior of the kitchen metal and wooden racks, glass worktops, folding chairs look great. The similar furniture, as a rule, is used at dachas and in country houses.
It should also be remembered that for a loft concept, closed cabinets and shelves are not acceptable. The kitchen is better to put open shelves with dishes and accessories. The bar and mobile table here will be very useful.
6. In the arrangement of this kitchen do not ignore the antique furniture, which is enough to bring a decent look. Comfortable chairs, elegant buffets, neat sofas play a significant role in the design of industrial kitchen.
The loft-style design is quite conducive to the combination of old and new. Therefore, do not be afraid to combine modern appliances with distinctive vintage furniture.
7. If you want to make a loft-style kitchen more vivid and spectacular, then accessories such as youth graffiti or posters, elements of folk art, figurines, interesting reproductions of modern artists are best suited. But it is also important not to overload the space with similar elements. A moderate amount of unique items will give the interior the desired brightness, emphasize the personality and excellent taste of the owners of the house.
Loft-style kitchen in the photo
The next photo collection presents another collection of interesting and original examples of kitchen design in the loft style.
Summing up, I must say, loft is above all simplicity, freedom, unique style and originality. Of course, such a concept is rather peculiar and not everyone still managed to understand its specificity. But those who appreciated all the delights of the loft, boldly talking about its benefits. After all, it does not require large financial expenditures, special delights and bright decor, the main thing is to ensure maximum space in the room.