To know as choose the right curtains for each ambient is fundamental in achieving a balance between design, aesthetics, light control, solar and thermal There are currently extensive options for curtains, Blinds Y awnings that fit these requirements.
Made in the most diverse materials ( cloth, wood, plastics, leather, bamboo, etc.), the premise is always the same: achieve the right composition between the style of the environment and the effects of transparency and darkening desirable in each case.
Three factors to consider when choosing curtains
- Analysis of the window: location of the same in relation to the entrance of light, orientation of the opening (if it opens in, outside or is sliding), width, length and surrounding elements (furniture or objects).
- Functionality: How much light we want to filter and if we need to muffle noise (Thermal and acoustic factor of an environment)
- Aesthetics and design: If we seek to have “own identity” or be assimilated to the environment.
Achieve visual and thermal comfort
These two factors are vitally important since they have a direct impact on the level of wellness that will grant us a space, for this reason they are fundamental at the moment of project an environment and we can achieve control over them by choosing the curtains correctly
- Visual comfortl: The solar rays that enter a ambient or the excess of light reflections They can cause negative sensations in our vision. The filter that represents curtain will determine a clean and homogeneous vision, for this we must adapt the transparency and opacity of the fabric to reduce the brilliance and the radiance to a degree admissible for the human eye.
- Thermal comfort: Solar radiation is composed of visible and invisible light (infrared and ultraviolet rays). A part of the latter is reflected, but the other part is transformed into heat when it impinges or passes through materials, such as the glass of the windows. The protections placed outdoors (awnings) or indoors (curtains and blinds) reflect and absorb most of the solar radiation, control the luminosity and thus generate the thermal control in environments.
A curtain With good thermal insulation it is able to achieve an important saving in the consumption of electrical energy. The best sun protection factor is achieved by properly combining the opening with the color of the material of the curtain (be it fabric or other material).