The purchase of an apartment is a certain stage in the life of each person. Not everyone inherits an apartment, not everyone can buy a large and spacious apartment at once, so for many young people and even married couples small studio apartment becomes the perfect starting option. But after all, in this apartment will have to live, and perhaps more than one year. Therefore, design, thoughtful style and comfort of the room are priorities. Designers offer hundreds of options for creating stylish and cozy design in studio apartments, you should only adhere to general principles and consider the recommendations of professionals! Well, let’s get started!
What is a studio apartment: a little history and photo examples
Actually, the concept “One-room apartment-Studio ”can be considered quite vague and blurry, since no official type of housing is defined in any official document. But in general, this phrase means an apartment without internal partitions.
For the first time in the construction industry, people began to talk about such apartments in the USA in the 20s of the 20th century: it was then that during the construction areas were too large for corridors, but too small for full-fledged apartments. It was decided to implement such “pseudo-apartments” without an internal arrangement, isolating only the bathroom. This option of housing fell to the liking of both students, who love the air and the light in the room, and the middle class, who were finally able to acquire a small but their own home.
Gradually, studio apartments have ceased to be tiny, and some are particularly spacious and completely moved into the category of luxury housing: two-tier, with large windows and designer finishes.
In our country, such apartments began to appear only in the mid-90s – along with all the fashionable things that came from the West. In modern Moscow or St. Petersburg you won’t surprise anyone with a studio: this type of housing is still popular with students, young professionals and bohemians.
The pros and cons of an open-plan studio apartment
The layout of a studio apartment is one of the most important points: the comfort of living in an apartment in the future depends on how competently and professionally it is chosen. Studio apartments, contrary to public opinion, are not gray and dull, tiny corners, suitable only for living unpretentious students. Today, this type of housing is in demand on the market more than ever, especially in the capital and large cities: this is due to the lower cost of the studio, even in comparison with the standard one-room apartment.
Important! Studio apartments in new buildings are a variety of shapes and layouts: you can find one-and two-level options, rectangular and square, with balconies and panoramic windows.
We should also highlight the type of apartments “A la studio”which is characterized by the presence of a separate isolated bedroom and a kitchen combined with a living room. This option is considered by many to be a compromise and more acceptable for a domestic consumer who is not ready for more daring apartment experiments.
Among the most striking advantages of such a layout, the following should be noted:
- Studio apartment stands out for the breadth of the space: the lack of partitions makes visually large even small rooms and corridors. The studio will never be a problem small kitchen simply because the kitchen itself is not there, and the kitchen unit attached to the living room can be equipped with maximum comfort.
- Studio apartment – functional roomAfter all, every free meter of living space in it is used with full dedication. All free niches are filled with spacious cabinets, but at the same time the apartment does not look like a warehouse or storage room for junk.
- Choice and freedom of creativity – another plus studio. You can choose any project of a studio apartment and get an absolutely unique living space, complementing it with individual features.
- To carry out repairs, both global and cosmetic, in such an apartment is not only easy and fast, but also inexpensive. The same applies to furniture permutations: a chair moved to a different corner can change the look of an apartment.
Possible problems and disadvantages of a studio apartment
Speaking about the shortcomings of such housing, the designers point out not only a rather laborious and problematic interior of a studio apartment, but also other points:
- So, in the studio apartment is enough it is difficult to allocate an individual corner for each resident, especially if there are more than two.
- Even a very powerful modern extractor can not cope with the characteristic aromas of the kitchen.therefore at some point the smell of cooked food can spread throughout the dwelling.
- Due to the lack of partitions any sound in the apartment is heard in every corner: you can watch TV or listen to music only with headphones if someone is resting.
- To create the perfect living space You will need not only a lot of money, but also the services of a professional designer. To spoil a studio apartment is very simple, and design failures are more visible than in traditional housing.
Based on all the pros and cons, we can recommend such housing for single young people or just starting couples living together. Studio apartment of 30 square meters. m – sufficient living space for one person, but the apparent space ceases to seem so, as soon as another apartment appears in the apartment.
Studio style: how to choose the right interior design for an apartment? Photos and ideas
At that moment, when the happy owner is faced with the need to select the design of an apartment-studio, it is time to turn to professionals. The designers themselves say that the correct layout and thoughtfulness of the space in such an apartment is the key to a successful solution. Zoning even a small studio apartment – A responsible and time-consuming process, which should be carried out either under the supervision of a professional, or entrust him with this work in full.
In the process of interior experiments, one should pay attention to the following techniques:
The board! Too saturated or dark shades in a small studio may not be an exquisite option, but a “dirty” spot that will visually reduce the size of the room.
- Shine. In the active parts of the studio, bright light and many sources of lighting are commonly used: and chandeliersand Spotlights. But in a recreation area or a bedroom is acceptable diffused soft light from one or two wall sconces. This technique allows you to highlight areas in the apartment and place emphasis on the key details.
- Material. Use of different material finishes for the kitchen area, living room, bedroom and cabinet – This is the perfect design trick zoning studio. For example, tile on the floor in the cooking zone and laminate in the main room. At the same time, it is extremely important to maintain harmony and balance: materials of different types should be in overlapping in color or texture.
- Design features. Changes in the ceiling or floor can be an excellent reception zoning for the studio. Multi-Level Plasterboard Constructions the ceiling not only separates the kitchen from the living room, but also focuses attention on the details with the help of thoughtful spot lighting. But the floor podiums are not so popular in our country, partly because of the already low ceilings and the complexity of mounting such structures.
Most often for studios choose low-key styles – minimalism or high tech. They allow you to make the space not only fashionable and attractive, but also convenient. But no one forbids the use of elements of other styles dotted: for example, add room Art Nouveau Chandelier or place in the living area cozy country sofa.
The board! Mixing styles can be considered one of the worthy options for refreshing the interior of the studio: this method is accessible to everyone and allows you to make the apartment truly unique.
How to make a beautiful design studio apartment: design tips
- Renovation of a studio apartment is a quick and fascinating process, and you can even change the look of your small, but comfortable housing with the help of a can of paint and a brush.
- Apartment owners should be prepared for certain cleaning challenges. Often, due to the lack of a full-fledged corridor, street dust and dirt gets into the main room, so designers strongly recommend zone the entrance at least with the help of movable partitions or cabinets.
- The optimal color solution for an apartment of this kind are light shades: they make the room lighter and airier. Beige, blue, yellow, green – This is the perfect gamma for the studio.
- Furniture in the studio should be functional. Lovely heart banquettes or touching ottomans this is not the place if they do not fulfill their function. Modular or multitasking furniture is welcome, because it allows you to use the space with benefit.
- For the visual expansion of a studio apartment, mirrors, glass and other glossy surfaces are used. Stretch ceilingglossy facades of kitchen set, glass table with chrome legs, wardrobes with mirrored doors, installation of mirrors on the walls – here are a few available and effective ways to make the apartment visually larger.