Do you want to renovate the house and give it a new look? A simple and economical resource for wall decoration is the use of framed pictures, prints and photographs. We give you some ideas so that they are perfect and it does not seem like a total disaster.
Wall decoration: Decorative films
The sheets are a fantastic resource to decorate the walls of your home. Make a composition is not an easy task, we must take into account several factors: colors, sizes, materials … To create successful compositions there are several tricks that we show you:
- Proportion. The size of the painting should be proportional to the size of the wall. Large models in a small wall overwhelm and do not breathe. If on the other hand they are too small in large walls, it creates a poor effect and you have to put many elements to fill. One way to hit and not make mistakes is to make the composition on the floor.
- If you want a vertical composition, avoid placing the sheets at ground level or reaching the ceiling. Creates an effect of shortening the height of the wall. It is advisable to leave space up and down to breathe.
- The correct distance. You must take it into account when you are going to place a sheet or composition near a piece of furniture (sofa, bench, console, etc.). The recommended distance is between 15 and 25 cm.
- Balanced composition. It is very good that you combine different pictures and frames but the most advisable thing is that there is some kind of similarity between them. They can be linked by the same color range, the same frames, thematic …
The pictures: essential for home decoration
They have always been the decorative elements par excellence for the decoration of walls. Due to their versatility they are suitable for all rooms in the house.
- Choose one thematic. You love nature? Animals? Landscapes? Famous quotes? …
- It is important to know how to choose the colors, that there is a connection between them. Take into account the decoration of the room and the predominant tonalities.
- Think about how many paintings you want to place. If you want several small or prefer to combine the sizes.
- Decide if you want to hang them on the wall, lean them or place them on a shelf. Supported on the wall or on a shelf, they create an informal and bohemian air and you also avoid making holes. It allows the placement of a large quantity, without overwhelming the environment.
- Choose frames. It is another important fact to keep in mind. You can choose simple models and give prominence to the picture or recharges that will achieve all eyes. The wooden ones are suitable for a Nordic decoration, the white ones for minimalist spaces, the black ones are very elegant and the gold ones will give a “glam” touch.
- Use matting. Box of cardboard or cloth that is placed between the frame and the picture or the photo. It is a way to frame and give elegance.
- The triptychs always get amazing results. The ideal height is that of the eyes (approximately 170 cm of the pavement). It is important that they are straight and at the same height. As for the distance between them (3-6 cm) it can be variable. You always have to appreciate the paintings as a whole.
- For paintings that are less than 75 cm high, they should be hung so that the center is above eye level. While the larger models, the center must be below.
- Do you want to know the advantages and disadvantages of plasterboard walls?
Decorate the walls with photographs
The first thing that comes to mind when thinking about wall decoration are paintings or mirrors. Why not make a collage of photos? Photography is an artistic expression that in recent years is considered an art and has more and more fans.
Your photos are works created by you so do not forget special moments in your life. You can immortalize unforgettable moments and remember them at any time. Having it printed and in plain sight will make you happy day after day!
Family photos make us feel a lot of feelings when we look at them. They are beautiful memories to fill your home with warmth and joy. Photos XL and micro collage are fashionable. You can customize the walls of your home with murals of beautiful family photos or create fun collage.
Creating symmetrical compositions are the right formula for people who love order. They bring serenity and balance in the environment. View photos as a set instead of individual elements.
If you are going to place forums of different sizes, consider the dimensions of the wall. For small walls decántate for medium or small pieces, so that the set is balanced and not recharged. On the contrary for large dimensions bet on the XL models.