Properly equip a working area in the center of a modern kitchen, you can use the island – a multifunctional table, on which any appliances and household appliances are located. This innovation allows you to qualitatively organize the space, forming the most convenient triangle between the sink, refrigerator and a place for cooking.
The perfect table-island for the kitchen
Properly equipped island construction can be equipped with a sink, hob, hood. This will require a certain amount of time and money. But the final version of the kitchen will greatly surpass many other design solutions.
Often, kitchen islands, the owners of modern real estate prefer to make to order, rather than buying in finished form. The main advantages of the original implementation:
• Functionality. Competently located appliances, devices, storage space can replace a full-fledged kitchen set.
• Ergonomic. It is convenient to move, cook, perform the necessary manipulations in the vacated space.
• Unpredictability. Island models can be made in a wide variety of styles, colors, sizes and shapes.
• Versatility. The kitchen element can play the role of the work surface, bar, table for meals.
• Aesthetics. Brightness, sophistication, pretentiousness – with such features the island, competently designed in the general interior, is able to endow the kitchen.
With the help of such an island-table, you can successfully divide into zones a studio apartment or a joint room of a living room-kitchen. Elements can be round, oval or square in shape.
Modern small kitchen with an island
Such options for arranging in large-scale apartments or in suburban real estate are popular. It is best if there is a separate dining room, and the kitchen area is at least 25 square meters. In the case when the kitchen is small, a full table-island can be replaced by a compact peninsula or a modest mobile island. The main thing is to have space for passages with a width of at least 1 meter.
The construction of the peninsula will have to adjoin the wall or kitchen set. The result will be a continued layout in the form of the letter P or G. You can use a folding tabletop. Considerably saving space, a similar element, if necessary, will play the role of a dining table in a small room.
Style for the kitchen with the island
The versatility and a wide variety of models allows the use of designs in different style directions. Among them stand out:
1. Classic. The island-table is made of natural materials, concise and spacious. With the help of balusters and arches you can decorate the surface and built-in shelves.
2. Minimalism. Built-in appliances, functional storage areas. The decor should not be, doors of lockers are most often moved apart.
3. Hi-tech. The presence of geometric shapes, clear lines. The furniture in the room a bit, the color palette contrasts.
4. Country. Budget option arrangement. Includes various types of weaving, wooden elements, calico curtains and towels.
5. Modern. A large amount of glass and metal. Forms are smooth, streamlined. The prevailing colors are gray, white, black. Appliances and utensils are stored in closed cabinets.
For the recently popular loft style, two types of island may be appropriate. It can be modern – chrome, brilliant, original. In another case, the style implies a design that will be dark and rough, specially decorated with wooden planks or bricks.
Original kitchen-living room with an island
In some apartments and private houses, kitchens are combined with living rooms. In such cases, the island is equipped on the dividing line between the two spaces. But the size and shape of the design is chosen based on the interior design of the living room. Visually, the element may look different – the design from the kitchen will be more functional, and from the living room the island will look like part of the original decor.
Most often, this option is implemented in studio apartments. For the younger generation, it is appropriate to place almost all kitchen utensils in a small area of the island. On the shelves or special shelves are the remaining instruments and equipment. No less relevant is the combination of the island with a bar.
Stylish kitchen with an island and a bar
When arranging the modern kitchen premises, a kitchen island with a bar is installed in its center. This is necessary not only in those families where they often drink or collect alcoholic beverages. Such elements combine a large number of advantages:
• Increased functionality.
• Versatile design.
• Zoning capabilities.
Stylish islands with bar counters can be a continuation of kitchen sets or stand separately. Popular multi-level structures, the height of which is chosen individually – in accordance with the growth of the owners of the premises and operating conditions.
A worthy choice – a corner kitchen with an island
Even in a small-sized kitchen, you can embed an original island design. To do this, you can use the L-shaped or angular layout. Such an approach will ensure the necessary free space and correctly decorate the interior.
For many types of real estate, corner kitchens are the best options, ensuring the uniqueness of the style and the ergonomic properties required by many rooms. Under the L-shaped kitchen set fit almost any model of the table-island. The design can be as a simple element of the decor, and perform several functions at once, including built-in equipment and storage systems.