Unique design projects allow you to confidently combine the latest technologies and talents of modern masters. Wallpapering, wood and plastic panels, tiles and plaster – any ways to finish fade before the original and exclusive wall painting.
Colorful design – painting the walls in the nursery
The most popular place for such wall decoration is the children’s room, in which you want to absolutely make everything bright, colorful and comfortable. The child should be comfortable and calm in his own world created for him. For the youngest members of the family, you can use the images of fairy-tale and animated characters, children of preschool and school age will be delighted by the new knowledge presented to them in the form of a game.
The choice of topics should be based on the personal preferences of the child, his interests and hobbies. Especially popular are:
• Geometric figures. A universal option is the classic of the genre – diamonds, ovals, circles.
• Original floristics. Actual drawings of flowers, stylized trees, unobtrusive landscapes.
• Thematic images. Pictures of toys, cartoon and fairy-tale characters, excerpts and plots of works familiar to kids.
Coloring mixtures for applying images in the children’s room should be resistant to abrasion and UV rays. It is important that the composition was not toxic and different environmental confidence. Shades can be very diverse, depending on the overall style of the room, the degree of illumination, the size of the room.
Modern art wall painting in the apartment
A wide variety of stylistic directions allows introducing this original way of finishing into interior design. Painting walls, you can achieve a variety of effects. The latest techniques, tools, materials allow you to create unique works of art that can transform any room.
You can perform the necessary manipulations with your own hands. Using the services of professional masters, it is possible to agree on sketches in advance. Depending on the format, theme, colors may depend on specific factors:
1. The purpose of the room. In the kitchen or dining room images of still lifes, ready meals and drinks will be appropriate, for the bedroom the best option would be the presence of abstraction or landscapes, excerpts from cartoons and fairy tales will be suitable for the nursery.
2. The size and layout of the room. The location of the walls, free space on them, the number of door and window openings are important. A separate nuance – the level of natural and artificial light.
3. Stylistic interior design. Classic, modern, hi-tech, Provence, Baroque – each style should correspond to specific themes. This may be a marine theme, unusual combinations and landscapes, abstract images.
4. Features of the application technique. Using encaustic, images are applied with wax paints. A sgraffito originally looks like, where the walls are first grounded in black, then white, and then they are scraped out in separate places so that the drawing will appear. In the Alsekko technique, paint blends are applied to dry plaster.
5. Individual preferences. When choosing topics, colors, images, you should consider the preferences of all family members or a particular owner of the specified room.
Wall painting can be made in different genres, contain a different number of colors, attract attention and surprise. Often, property owners prefer to use this type of artistic painting as a fresco. By applying the image with water-soluble paints on wet plaster, you can get a real masterpiece with bright, rich colors.
Modern methods of painting also imply an original approach and an attractive appearance at the exit. You can use fluorescent or acrylic paints, create any pictures using stencils.
Original wall painting with your own hands
Even with minimal artistic talent, nothing can prevent a person from feeling like a creator. Especially in those cases when you want to decorate your own housing on your own, using your imagination.
The author’s technique is very popular. Simple for execution and original in results, the technique is based on the use of water-based paints and several simple sponges. A sketch is applied to a wall pasted over with white vinyl wallpaper using a simple soft pencil. The edge of the sponge soaked in water is lowered into the desired paint, after which the coloring composition is spread over a specific area with light strokes. Often, several different shades can be used to paint one area.
There are unspoken rules according to which some topics are considered unacceptable for certain premises. For example, in the kitchen it is undesirable to apply images that can adversely affect the appetite of the household. In the bedroom, drawings of dried leaves, withered flowers are inappropriate. Also in the room where a person should rest and be able to sleep peacefully, there should not be images of waterfalls and sea depths.
Fashion and style – stencils for painting walls
Not everyone has artistic talents or funds for the services of expensive designers. The use of stencils is considered to be the ideal option for applying to a wall of a specific image. With the help of such modern elements, you can get a drawing of any degree of complexity – from the original wall ornament to the photographic images of your favorite idols.
Stencils will help create an exclusive interior, if you apply images in a single theme, not only on the walls, but also on the furniture. Having created the sketches, you need to draw the main details, after which you can create a full-fledged masterpiece.