The carpets help to give warmth to the rooms, separate and delimit the environments and also has an insulating function. When choosing the perfect model, not only must choose the colors and fabric but also the size and location. Here we show you the keys to get it.
Tips for choosing the perfect carpets
These essential textile accessories can completely change a space. They provide many advantages: greater comfort, warmth in winter and a touch of style to the rooms. In the market you will find a wide variety of designs, patterns, sizes, etc. It is important to choose the right model to harmonize perfectly with the environment and prevent it from becoming a discordant point.
- You must know what you are going to use it for. You may only use it to color or renew a stay. If you are looking for comfort and warmth, decantate large, soft carpets in neutral tones.
- Choose the style and color. Choose carpets with simple prints if in the room there are other textiles such as curtains, cushions, etc. If the decoration is minimalist or neutral you can choose models with more vivid and striking colors.
- Take into account the furniture. Take the measurements where you will place the carpet and take into account the furniture that is around.
- Choose the material and quality. Quality models tend to be more expensive but in the long run they compensate because they last a long time and are easy to maintain and clean.
- You have to be careful with the doors, that can be opened without bumping into a carpet.
- Choose the shape of the carpet according to the room (square, rectangular) usually works well.
Types of carpets
There are different types depending on the coat and the design or braid.
- Smooth loop. They are woven wool carpets that form small compact rollers that are aligned at the same height. They are suitable for very busy spaces and cleaning is simple.
- Structured loop. They are made by loops of woven wool at different heights, creating relief. They are very resistant carpets.
- Cut hair. Its finish is velvety, so it is very pleasant to the touch.
- Frieze type. They are similar to those of cut hair but more resistant.
- Combined fibers: both loop and cut hair.
You can choose between several materials:
- Wool. The carpets made with this material are resistenes and soft. They require special care.
- Nylon. This fiber has a great resistance to caking and displacement, which is why it is recommended for very busy spaces.
- Polypropylene. They are very resistant to moisture, stains … Due to its great resistance it is used in many places (warehouses, etc.)
- Polyester. It is quite resistant to wear, repels moisture and its cleaning and maintenance are simple.
- Acrylic. It resists dirt very well and is easy to clean. There are a variety of colors to choose from.
- Vinyl. They are gaining popularity as they are recommended for transit areas such as the dining room, kitchen or outdoors.
- Vegetal fibers. They give a very natural look to the environment. They are resistant but are not easy to clean. You can choose between jute, sisal, coconut, tatami, mats …
Living room or living area
- If you like large carpets the living room will be the right room.
- One option is to place it under the coffee table and front legs of the sofa.
- You can also place it just under the table, if the width of the carpet is the same as that of a sofa.
- You choose smooth models in neutral tones, you will have more possibilities to combine it with the rest of the decoration.
- The carpet should cover the space of the table and chairs. As a general rule you should measure between 50 to 70 cm more than the dimensions of the table.
- The size of the carpets should generally be the same as those of the dining tables.
A very important factor when placing carpets in the corridor is that their size has to be proportional. Do not cover the space completely but do not fall short either.
- In this room of the house they usually use carpets to get on and off the bed and not to go cold. It is one of the best feelings when we get up.
- You can choose rectangular models placed on the sides of the bed.
- Bet on a large carpet (if there are no space problems) that covers the entire bed area and bedside tables.
- They are the perfect complement to give the environment comfort and warmth.
There are carpets for all decorative styles.
- For modern and minimalist environments, carpets in vibrant colors, long hair, geometric patterns fit perfectly.
- Classical decoration Bet the carpets with natural materials: wool, cotton, etc. The oriental models will bring a touch of elegance.
- In the parquet or marble floors the models in brown or red tones will give personality to the environment.
- Do you want to know Nordic carpets to decorate?