When decorating the interior in a private house or apartment, one should not forget about the facade. The “face” of any home should be attractive and worthy. An important role in this issue is the arrangement of the balcony. You can go the easier way and turn the balcony into a small loggia, glazing a small space. But the most creative and modern balcony can be decorated with the help of original forged elements.
Modern wrought iron railings on the balcony
For several centuries, artistic forging prefer to use for the decoration of balconies. A wide variety of materials, colors, designs allows you to create unique masterpieces that can decorate any facade.
Among the most popular products for the design of the balcony space can be identified vinyl or metal siding, wall paneling, plastic panels. The advantages of this kind of fencing:
1. Increased strength characteristics. In the process of competent operation, the appearance of the structures practically does not change. Finished products just need to be painted regularly.
2. Resistance to weather conditions and increased moisture. Fences are covered with special substances and anti-corrosion compounds.
3. Exclusive designs. Modern features of forging allow you to produce a variety of railings. Designs differ in designs, patterns, shapes, modifications.
Stylish, fashionable railings can always give the facade a well-groomed, decent look. If necessary, you can use additional elements of decor – plaster figures, flowerpots with flowers, elegant pieces of furniture.
Popular Accent – Forged French Balconies
The main difference between false balconies is a small area or its absence. In this case, fences are mounted from the outside – directly in front of the door in the opening. The most advantageous French balconies look with panoramic windows.
It is possible to use constructions of this type in the most various buildings. They will be appropriate in country houses and cottages, in private buildings and in modern high-rise buildings. Ideal – forged French balconies on buildings of stone or brick. On the practical side, elements cannot perform any functions, therefore they are suitable only for decoration. Popular species are:
• Raised balconies without overhang. Structures are arranged parallel to the wall, without leaving the building. The balcony shape is flat.
• Designs with a ledge. This category of balconies has narrow ledges. Store household equipment or arrange a flower garden here will not work. But it will be quite possible to get out on the balcony.
• Glazed raised balconies. These French balconies are closed. Most often, these options are used in modern and high-tech styles. Glazing can be full or partial.
An important requirement for the installation of French balconies is the observance of safety parameters with respect to both homeowners and passersby. The height of the fences will depend on the type of structure and its architectural features. With a building height of up to 30 meters, a decorative element is made meter. When a building has a height of more than 30 meters, the forged construction is 1, 1 m or 1, 2 m. If there are children in the house or apartment, the railing can be made even higher.
Lintels must be strictly vertical, with a distance of 12 cm between them. It is necessary that the railings withstand the loads specified in the standards. When designing structures, it is not necessary to plan sharp elements and details along the upper perimeter of the gratings.
Pretentious forged grilles on the balcony
Modern wrought-iron balconies vary in the type of forging. Depending on the method used, the finished products are determined by specific parameters of strength, wear resistance, aesthetics. With the help of hot forging it becomes possible to manufacture high-quality, original designs. The material is durable, does not corrode.
The cold method involves the use of specialized equipment. Thus, the necessary parts are not too expensive to produce both in finance and in time. Using this method, the masters are engaged in the manufacture of individual components, and then reproduce the entire structure. The main stages of work in the process of cold forging:
– sketches are being prepared;
– calculated materials;
– blanks are created;
– parts are stamped;
– fencing is mounted.
The balusters specially designed for forged balconies will look original. Made in the form of flower stands, such elements can make any facade colorful and bright. Most often, patterns created by a specific master cannot be reproduced anymore. Therefore, the decor for a private house or cottage will always remain unique.
Original design: wrought iron fence balconies
Before the direct production of fences for the balcony, a design sketch is created. Considering that the element will perform not only decorative, but also protective functions, the railing must be as durable as possible.
The shape of the balcony can determine the choice of form for the fence. Rails remain the most popular in recent years:
• Semicircular. A strict, discreet facade can be successfully varied with the help of such an element on the balcony.
• Corner. Railings enclose balconies adjacent to different corners on the facade of buildings. These options look elegant and unobtrusive.
• Straight. Used in classic styles. In buildings with columns are almost irreplaceable.
• Curved. Used for buildings with original, unusual architectural forms.
You can decorate balconies with wrought iron fences in a variety of stylistic variations. The most popular are classical, renaissance, modern, baroque, Byzantine and Gothic styles.