The advantages of the bath are difficult to overestimate. This is a great place for rest and relaxation. Bathing procedures adjust a dream, normalize pressure, remove slags. No jacuzzi, no showers, no other delights of plumbing can not be compared with the advantages and so wide popularity of the bath. Today we will talk about the features of its internal content in terms of decoration and design in general.
Varieties of interior design baths
The classical planning of a bath includes 3 rooms: a waiting room (changing room), washing (shower) and a steam room. Although in the traditional Russian baths, the steam room and shower can be combined. All additional facilities – a font (pool), a game room (billiards), a kitchen, a recreation area, a toilet, a smoking room are a matter of financial possibilities and personal preferences of the owners.
However, the most popular decoration in the familiar Russian style – restrained, concise, with a massive table, benches and stove benches. A touch of modernity will add billiards or TV.
The interior of the old-style bath can be supplemented with wrought-iron elements, wooden household items and utensils decorated with carvings. Also, the walls decorated with oak, birch brooms or bundles of fragrant herbs will look colorful.
Materials for finishing bath inside
Materials for interior decoration of the bath must meet a number of conditions:
- resistance to temperature extremes, high temperatures, high humidity;
- safety – the materials used must be hypoallergenic, do not cause burns on contact with the skin and do not emit toxins during heat;
- strength and durability;
- hygiene – finishing material should be optimal in the care – easy to wash, it does not react with household chemicals;
- Aesthetics – a beautiful interior design that does not irritate the eyes – something to strive for when decorating the interior of the bath. In this case (especially for Russian baths) a tree is ideal. This material meets all the above requirements, it is completely environmentally friendly, moreover, it has an aromatherapy effect. Here the main thing is to choose the right type of tree for each type of room.
For interior design steam rooms fit only hardwood. This type of wood does not heat up, does not emit tar, and, importantly, even with light ventilation, it dries very quickly, preventing the development of a dangerous fungus. We list the most common types:
- Linden – visually attracts attention, does not darken over time, has a low density and heat capacity: it heats up quickly, but it is impossible to get burned on contact. When heated, it emits a pleasant, delicate aroma. Linden trim is quite popular, so it is quite affordable.
- Aspen – a common material for the northern regions. The wood is durable, difficult to split or split, it has bactericidal properties;
- alder – has a beautiful appearance, pleasant to the touch, resistant to cold and hot water, condensation and steam, alkaline and acidic detergents, easy to handle.
- abash is a tree from the tropics of Africa. Even with the greatest heat almost does not heat up, it keeps the temperature close to the temperature of the human body. Even under the influence of external factors (water, temperature and steam) does not darken at all.
Important! Wood can not be varnished or painted, even the best quality. When heated, they emit a chemical odor. In the process of mounting the nails (screws) must be covered from above and set deep, otherwise they may burn when heated. It is better to fix the clapboard vertically, since the drops formed by condensate will drain faster. The joints of the floor and walls should be protected with high baseboards of waterproof material composition.
Usually in the steam room hardwood floors. But all the same tile will be preferable. It washes well, dries quickly and is resistant to the appearance of fungus. If such coverage seems to be cold, you can put a removable wooden lattice on top.
The furniture in the steam room is mostly rounded, made of aspen, alder or linden wood.
The room is not hot, but retains heat. Therefore, conifers will be an excellent material for decoration. Their noble aroma is not only pleasant, but also incredibly useful. Phytoncides have a positive effect on the immune system, stimulate the body’s resistance to various infections and improve overall well-being. Consider the main types:
- pine is a very popular material for decorating a waiting room, because it has a number of advantages: economical, durable, eco-friendly and quite durable. It may over time slightly change color, acquiring a reddish tint. Scandinavian pine with smooth pinkish wood is becoming increasingly popular. Its annual rings have an original decorative pattern;
- spruce – has a homogeneous structure, does not crack when dried, its color is slightly lighter than pine wood;
- Fir – the main characteristics almost coincide with spruce, while the resin is almost not released from its wood.
Of hardwood for the waiting room a good option would be birch. In any case, when finishing the main thing is to follow the basic rule – in the whole room there should be a covering of a tree of the same species.
In the sink, the tile is definitely the best coating. It perfectly tolerates contact with water, does not rot and is easy to clean. Imitation wood tiles are an excellent choice for maintaining tradition.
Finishing bath inside: the basic rules
Bath – is, above all, a place to relax. Bright colors and expressive forms are better to exclude. The main principle – the creation of an ideal environment for a comfortable and relaxing pastime, without unnecessary details.
Lighting should be soft, with warm colors, to have a pleasant and relaxing stay. This effect can be obtained using a two-level lampshade that diffuses light. All parts of the wiring must be reliably protected from moisture.
The modern interior for a bath is a manifestation of imagination and taste of the designer. Tell us about your favorite places for rest and relaxation. Were of them those who were most impressed with their elegant interior?