Quite often in apartments with a different number of rooms a significant problem is found. A small room for arranging the toilet can accommodate a minimum of essential elements, at the same time, not allowing to equip the room optimally comfortably. But even in this case, modern craftsmen find a way out of the situation, applying original ideas and using new techniques.
Modern design of a small bath with toilet
Recently, for combined bathrooms, experts advise the use of linear placement of equipment. In this case, all sanitary elements and devices are located along one wall. If this is not possible, you can consider the L-shaped layout. If necessary, and good financial opportunities, you can purchase a shortened model of the bath or replace it with a modern shower.
The original design technique is the placement of the sink in the corner of the room. With this arrangement, there is more space for hygienic procedures and for the installation of additional equipment – for example, a washing machine. But cluttering up the free space with unnecessary accessories is undesirable. The room can not be called comfortable because of the large number of unnecessary items that attract attention and narrow the space.
An important role in the design of a small bathroom will play the right lighting. Among the most popular options are LED strips, spot systems or spotlights. These types of devices will not irritate the eyes, while at the same time illuminating the room in the required amount. In some cases, the lighting system can be installed on several levels, especially if large mirrors are present.
Is it possible to increase the space visually?
While arranging the toilet space of a compact size, each element used should not only be useful, but also help to visually increase the space. Among the many options for modern solutions, the most successful are such tricks:
• Selection of small devices, most often non-standard sizes – angular or combined.
• Ability to use walls and corners in a small room, effectively planning the placement of furniture and equipment.
• The use of combined systems when the toilet is combined with a bidet or sinks are built into the original lockers.
• Competent design of the walls and the application of successful color variations for visual expansion of the space.
• The ability to create special niches for arranging in them lockers and shelves for storing towels, household chemicals, toilet paper.
Different shades are able to create the necessary effects for each case. Often, designers recommend pastel colors, sometimes slightly blurry. Light versions of pearl, light gray, pale blue, gray green shades help to make a bathroom more spacious. The shades of rose, lilac, mint can fill the interior with coolness. In accordance with the teachings of feng shui, with the elements of water it is desirable to combine white, blue and green soft shades.
Design a small toilet in the apartment and Khrushchev
An important nuance in the arrangement of a modern, comfortable bathroom is a wide variety of finishing materials. In our time, this kind of products is characterized by enhanced moisture resistance and durability. Any finishing option will help to adequately, practically and efficiently decorate the utilitarian room, successfully combining aesthetics and practicality. The choice of finishing materials for the toilet is quite wide – for these purposes you can choose washable, moisture-resistant wallpaper, tiles, plastic or wood panels. The more creative options include mosaic, facing stone, facing brick, tempered glass.
You can choose a specific style in which the main room will be drawn up in any kind of housing. The design can match the overall interior of the apartment or be separate. Recently, the toilet seek to equip the style:
1. Loft. Industrial notes are embodied in wooden elements, flat facades, wall decoration “under the tree”. The toilet in this case, you need to install the wall type.
2. Ecostyle. Features of the room will be able to emphasize natural materials for decoration. Ceramic tiles and small stone souvenirs will make a more stylish atmosphere.
3. Provence. Highlights should be a mosaic, paintings, low-key ornaments, linen mats and towels. Mandatory nuances are considered light shades and refinement of details.
4. Classic. This style is used in conjunction with the rest of the interior, when the whole house is designed in this way. Marble floor, aged mirror and sinks in antique forms are suitable for the toilet.
5. Minimalism. The most popular direction for the design of modern utilitarian premises. In this case, there are panels on the ceiling, compact lamps, natural finishing materials. From the colors should prevail soft contrasts of dark and light shades.
In order for the room to look stylish and attractive, it is desirable to replace the old communications, and sewer pipes and plumbing pipes can be disguised as materials used for finishing. Some designers for this purpose use false panels or prefer to veil all the excess with the help of built-in elements.
Installing new plumbing in most cases will require a new floor covering, as well as tiling of the ceiling and walls. Therefore, if you want to change something in your toilet, you should plan a full range of finishing works right away. Special attention should be paid to the lamps for the room.